It is a miserable day outside - a perfect time to update the kids' blog. Sadly, we haven't been taking many photos lately! It's sporadic at best, so we had a wonderful summer but we don't have much in the way of photos to show for it. I guess that means we were living in the moment? Whatever it means, I'll give you what I've got.
As we wind down from the end of summer and prepare for hallowe'en I have been reflecting on how fast the kids are growing. I know I sound like every other mother, but now I know what you're talking about! Will is big enough to be wearing the clothes that Tom was wearing the day I brought Will home from the hospital. I love to put Will in Tom's old plaid shirt, fondly remembering bringing Will home. I purposely block out the fatigue, frustration, and general new-mom woes and focus on that lovely plaid shirt.
Enough reminiscing; here are the kids! Here's Will, playing with grass. We're trying really hard to enjoy the days of playing with grass (and other free things) since our kids are quickly becoming little consumers! It's good though - Tom's been saving his money to buy a big lego set, putting coins in his piggy bank, counting it, rolling it, and taking it to the bank (with our help, of course.) It's nice to see him saving (for now) and I hope it translates into a lifetime of good money management skills. But back to Will...
And here is my darling Will drinking pool water at Grandma's house. Why do they drink the water?
While I don't condone spitting, isn't this a neat picture? Again, at the pool at Grandma's house.
We take quite a few walks or bike rides to the corner store which conveniently has a park. It's a nice break before making the 2K trek home! Those kids (plus wagon) add another 100 pounds - you'd think we'd be more toned than we are...
Here they are serving Dad some ice cream.
Will on the slide.
Tom, giving me a look like "What!? I didn't do it!!"
Here's Tom talking. He's always talking. Seriously, these kids never stop talking.
100 pounds of cargo.
Tom's first day of school! Tom loves school. I love that he loves school (and with parents like us, who is surprised that he loves it? I should start saving more money now - he might be an expensive kid.)
Will also loves school, and is devastated every morning that Tom goes and he can't. Poor guy. He'll get there eventually!
Here are the kids in their bike helmets, on another journey to the corner store and park.
Stay tuned for hallowe'en pictures!


No comments:
Post a Comment