Right before Hallowe'en we had the opportunity to take the kids to Ottawa for two days, so we stayed at the travelodge with the wave pool and water slide - the kids favourite hotel (and a good one for me because it's pretty reasonably priced!) In these pictures the waves aren't going, but the kids still loved it (the waves turn on and off, presumably on some sort of timer?) We found that both boys were much more daring than usual, wading in to their necks without a second thought. Time for some swimming lessons!!
We made it back home in time for Hallowe'en, of course. There was much debate about who was going to be the bee (they both wanted it) but in a surprisingly rare act of generosity Tom let Will be the bee. Whew, no arguments!
I love this picture of Tom. He's laughing at something Grandpa is saying to him, and it's just so Tom.
Nan sent reflective arm bands for Hallowe'en that show up really nicely in these pictures. We now use them on the back of the wagon when we walk to the park (since we seem to be walking home in darkness these days.) It's good to be seen!
Both boys did really well, saying "trick or treat!" and "thank you!" at every house. They were cute and happy and not nearly as cold as I was. After our first round I went home with Will and Tom went out again with Grandma. Will was offended that he didn't get to go out again, but it was really quite cold - it snowed on Hallowe'en morning so we were lucky the precipitation held off as we trick or treated!
I like this one because the backs of their costumes are really quite cute. You can almost feel their anticipation as they wait for the door to open!
And finally, proof that I was out there with them!

No comments:
Post a Comment