Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My beautiful boys

I'd love to be a modest mother, but I'm not - my boys are just about the cutest people to ever grace the face of the earth.  I suppose all mothers feel this way - it makes sense that nature would take care of that so we don't kill our offspring.  But really, they are truly beautiful and I can't believe how lucky we are to have two cute, smart, funny little people.  Now we just have to protect them enough that they stay alive - not an easy feat when you see how much of a daredevil Tom is, or how clumsy Will can be!  But we made it - I have to believe our kids will, too.


I'll be honest - this photo shoot of my little angels didn't go perfectly.  Jason Kelly, the guy who took the pictures for us, was a nice enough guy, but I got the distinct impression that Will wasn't warming up to him.  So Will spent most of the photo shoot looking like this:


So here are a lot of photos, most of Tom for obvious reasons.

This is a look I get often from Tom - he's talking and is a little perturbed that everyone isn't paying attention to him.


Oh, here are the boys together.  You can hardly tell that Will isn't smiling, he's actually whining at me for making him sit on a rock.


Feet don't have to smile.  Tom's toenails are painted an adorable shade of purple.




This one is true Tom: in motion, running down a hill.  It's one of my favourites by far.


Here's Will, purposely avoiding the photographer.  He's still adorable even when he's being stubborn.


Me and the boys!



This is pretty much how Will spent the whole shoot - he was either crying or in my arms.  He's really cute.  I really love him.  It's hard to be mad at a kid that wants nothing but to be with Mom.


And while Tom looks half asleep, this is one of my favourites of the three of us: we're watching a sailboat on the lake, and the kids have acorns in their hands that we found when we sat under a big oak tree.  (Before you accuse me of leaving their Dad out of it, he had to do fire truck driver training and couldn't come with us.  I tried to get family photos, but sometimes these things can't be helped.)

No comments: