I did write a post about Will's birthday, but alas, the phone lines ate it. It was a good one, too. I'm not feeling as inspired right now though, so I can't recreate it. Maybe if I upload some pictures I will get the creative juices flowing.
Will turned 5! As is our new tradition, there were two parties (we have a cake and family gathering on the actual birthday, then the kids get a party on the weekend.) Grandma brought the cake for Will's family birthday and I made the cake for his party.
We also had some friends from Ottawa visit, and we took them to the fire hall to check it out. Here's the demonstration of the jaws of life. Now, if you know me well enough, you've probably heard me lament about the jaws of life. Growing up, I would hear about an accident so bad that they needed the JAWS OF LIFE. (yeah, said in a deep, echoey announcer voice.) You hear about how someone was saved by the JAWS OF LIFE and you just expect them to be majestic. Now, they're heavy as all get out, I'll grant you that, but otherwise, they're terribly underwhelming. I mean, they're almost hidden behind children. The illusion is gone for me now.
Yup, that wee thing in Straub's hand is THE JAWS OF LIFE. Meh.
It's cool how reflective the back of a fire truck is. And interesting that Will can't sit still for one picture.
And the customary pictures of our kids in the fire hat. I'm pretty sure you'll see these kinds of photos through the ages if you stick with our blog.
And from Straub's work to mine. Here are the kids eating cookies in front of Pan Chancho. I can't take credit for the amazing carpentry work, but I can tell you that I drew it all in AutoCAD. It's as close to famous as I'll ever be.
A few days later we had Will's birthday party with some friends from school. Here they are as Will opens presents.
And here they are after a rousing game of musical chairs. Doesn't Will look adorable in this one?
Here's Will blowing out the candles.
No comments:
Post a Comment