Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hallowe'en

You say "my goodness, surely SOMETHING has happened since the first day of school..."  Add in your eye roll and I get it!  Yes, life has been speeding by at lightning speed and, well, if you've ever tried to capture lightning with a camera you can understand why I have very little to post.

But thanks to my mother, I have hallowe'en photos!  The kids were super heroes for hallowe'en this year.  When my mom made these costumes for my brother and I 30 years ago we were space men; not sure why they're super heroes now (that would have been way cooler 30 years ago) but hey, sometimes these things just happen.  There was something about the cheesy satin on our costumes as kids that leant itself to space men I think; the lovely stars and beautiful material of the new costumes certainly indicates super heroism.

It was cold and rainy on Hallowe'en night, but we still managed to get entirely too much candy.  Will called it a day first, and went home to hang out with Grandpa and give out candy.


Here they are, ready to go.  Tom had his costume custom-built to carry parts of his Nerf gun.  Yeah, Grandma spoils him.



Will cannot help himself - he must touch the pumpkin.  Like a moth to a flame, Will has a hard time resisting any impulse!


And here we all are, gearing up to go out in the rain.  Hmmm, I seem to recall my brother and I sporting rubber boots with our space man costumes 30 years ago - who knew it was part of the outfit?



No comments: