I'm going to try to get some Newfoundland pictures up today - I'm not feeling particularly witty, so enjoy the pictures!
In the minivan.
On a hill in Rocky Harbour.
North of Rocky Harbour at the Arches - Straub found a way to climb on top. Naturally Tom had to join him.
Coming down from on top the Arches. Me being a fretful mother at the bottom!
We went for a hike on a trail and found these lovely red muskoka chairs. Nothing else around - it was a lovely spot to have a rest!
A lovely day on Fogo Island. It wasn't actually warm enough for shorts while we were on vacation, so these brief sunny moments had to be taken advantage of!
Shoes drying in the sun!
We found some fantastic playgrounds in Newfoundland. I think this one was in Twillingate. This was the first time Tom has been able to do the monkey bars himself! About 20 seconds after I took this photo Will fell and declared Grandma the worst spotter he's ever had. It was pretty funny.
I think this was near Twillingate as well, but it's typical of what we saw in several places in Newfoundland - it is definitely a rugged place that is infinitely beautiful.
These photos make a minivan seem like much more fun that it really is. That said, everyone travelled well, so I shouldn't complain!
On Fogo Island they have built artists' residences. Here's one that we stumbled upon (none of them have road access so it truly is a matter of just stumbling upon them!) Yes, I DO want to be an artist now.
It was nice to relax and play cards and cribbage while on vacation.
Teaching Tom some of the cribbage rules.
Again, more typical scenery. I suspect it's not nearly as beautiful to people who grew up surrounded by fishing boats, and I wonder what we take for granted that people from away would think is beautiful? I must make more of an effort to appreciate what surrounds me at home!



No comments:
Post a Comment