Well, we're one week into this broken leg business, and it's going much better than I thought it would! For the first three days (while he had his temporary cast) Tom was waking up almost hourly at night, crying and hurting. The day he got his permanent cast though, he started sleeping right through! Thank goodness - I'm not good at getting up so much (thank goodness for Tom's dad!)
Tom can get around a bit, but often stays in his chair dispensing technical advice to his dad. (we strapped a knee-pad to Tom's heel so that when he's scooting around on his bum he doesn't destroy the heel of his cast.)
Here we are getting ready for some spin art. Tom's not great with the walker yet, but it gives him some options. Tom didn't make it for the whole spin art experience - he went inside to chill on the couch.
Will and I did some spin art, though. It was pretty cool!
Here's our masterpiece!
Will, not wanting to be outdone, decided to fall off the wheelbarrow yesterday - onto his forehead. Only a little scraped up. This is not a competition I condone.
And here's Will showing me his ultimate talent: touching his nose with his tongue. Charming.
Tom's been playing a lot of games this week. Yesterday he taught his dad Uno; today his dad taught Tom Carcassonne.
No comments:
Post a Comment