It's funny, when you go on vacation you take way too many photos, but now it's like we have camera fatigue and there are no new pictures since Newfoundland! That's not entirely true, there are a few new ones, but I don't want to add them until I've exhausted the Newfoundland photos - it'll get us through to Christmas, when you know I'll be clicking away again!
Here are some pictures from Rocky Harbour. This was a very precarious place at the end of a trail that we hiked to each evening we were there. I was VERY nervous about the kids going out to the end of the trail - it's hard to see, but Will and Straub are walking with their arms out to keep their balance, and it's about 100 feet of jagged cliffs down to the ocean! We took my mom out there once - I think we took 10 years off her life.
Across the street from our house was the rest of the establishment - a bunch of cottages lined up along the water. Every day three clotheslines would be full of sheets blowing at an astronomical rate in the wind - it's a wonder they didn't fall off!
Jelly fish! I've never seen them before. They are fascinating.
We went on a whale watching tour, where we saw lots of rocks and birds, but no whales (or icebergs.) I loved this house (the one at the top of the photo) so we took a picture of it.
Here's Tom on the boat tour. Looking adorable.
Tom and I checking out the view from the front of the boat.
It was dark and cloudy for most of the boat ride, but then the sun came out and gave us this fantastic photo! Even without whales the boat tour was great - a wonderful way to see the rocks that make up Twillingate!
Tom driving the tour boat!
In this picture Tom is blowing the seeds off the dandilion. What the picture doesn't show is that the wind is blowing directly AT Tom, so a second later he ended up with a mouth full of seeds! Valuable life lessons learned in Newfoundland.
We also found a few root cellars - VERY cool.
And here is the gang at Dildo Run Provincial Park. They decided to look like they were running. But Will fell over. The pictures are self-explanatory.

No comments:
Post a Comment