Sunday, September 23, 2012

More vacation!

I'm not sure if I can show you pictures of our vacation in any kind of collected fashion?  I'm just going to continue to randomly put up pictures and ask you to patiently follow along.  Trust me, this is the only way you're going to see Newfoundland photos - if I need to be more organized I'll never get them up here!  (Let's be honest, if it's taken me almost a month already, I'm likely not going to get more organized about it as time goes on.)

It starts, as it often does, at the airport, trying to figure out luggage tags.  Of course, as Will is becoming known to do, he threw up in the car on the way to the airport, so hopefully that's not how it will always start.  But we left at 4:00am so by the time we were at the Toronto airport it felt like half our day was over.  The actual travelling seems to be the worst part of travelling.

Here's Tom, pretty excited to be at the airport.



Here's another of Tom at the airport - he's such a handsome boy.



We flew to Deer Lake, and from there drove to Rocky Harbour.  After a day of driving, flying, and driving some more, the first thing on the agenda is to get the kids outside to run them.  We found a playground - life was good.


This is our cabin in Rocky Harbour.  And here is Will in his John Deere jammies, just generally looking cute.


 Naturally, we found lighthouses on our vacation.  Here we are at a lighthouse near Rocky Harbour.


Life is good when you can sit back and relax as the kids throw rocks into the water.  Thankfully this is an amusing past time for them, so it works for me!


We also found a lighthouse near Twillingate.  It's a wonderful place to take very small children and a fretful grandmother - note all the warning signs in the picture.  Really, you should try it some time.  Wait, where did Will go?


(yes, Will was safe - we brought him home with us.  Not to worry.)  Vacations also come to a close in airports - here are Tom and Will at the Deer Lake airport at some ungodly hour in the morning, a little cranky but not much worse for wear.


No comments: