Monday, May 21, 2012

The beach in May?

I don't think I remember ever having nicer weather for the May long weekend.  We took the two hottest days and worked on the garage; we didn't mean to work so hard for the two hottest days, but what can you do?  We took Monday off from physical labour (which I'm not cut out for, if you were wondering) and went to the beach.  A fire call took Straub away so the boys and I went ahead; Straub joined us a little later on (and managed to get a motorcycle ride out of the deal!)

It was a beautiful day, and the weather truly was remarkable.  We spent a few hours at Dog Lake and everyone had a great time.  I love the age of the kids right now - we were able to sit and relax while they played in the water, and I only had to get up and dash to the lake once when Will went under.  He got himself righted before I even got close, but it reminded me to sign them up for swimming lessons!

Here are pictures from our beach trip - they are self-explanatory so I'll just leave you with them.





No comments: