Friday, January 20, 2012

Quality, not quantity

Christmas kind of feels like a few days of being a movie star - paparazzi taking pictures each time you turn around, flashes going off all the time, generally feeling blinded... So we stopped.  Which means we don't have a lot of pictures for this update, but let me assure you, what we're missing in quantity we make up for with quality!

Tonight we went tobogganing.  In hindsight this was a little short-sighted; we have a ton of snow at our place but I didn't think that all our good tobogganing hills (down on the waterfront) may not have received the dumping that we did.  So we went to two different tobogganing hills and ended up going down the hill varying between snow drifts and tufts of grass.  Not so bad, really - those GT snow racers go a little too fast for my liking, so the grass served as a great source of friction.  Totally necessary - Tom and his dad were on one GT, Will and I on the other, and three out of four of us were trying to steer into each other causing crashes! (one guess as to who wasn't in love with this game.)

Here's my beautiful Tom, at the bottom of the hill:


And here's Will, thinking very carefully about his next move:


And after climbing Fort Henry hill quite a few times I got tired; I sent the three of them down on one GT (you go faster with more weight.)


Now, here is what I think is one of my favourite pictures of Will.  When Tom was a baby and toddler we did a bunch of studies with him at Queen's.  I have always felt kind of bad that we haven't done it with Will (not that there's any great benefit to the kids, but if you do something with one you feel obligated to do something with the other!)  Well, for Will's first study they wanted to measure his brainwaves - check out the contraption on his head!  Each node has a wet sponge on it - you can imagine how much he LOVED that.  Then the girl made him play statue for 6 full minutes (and he did it!) The only reason he's smiling in this photo is because Straub let him say "stinky butt crack!" in front of the Queen's study ladies.  Overall I think it went ok, but if you know Will you know he wasn't exactly sunny and pleasant the whole time...

No comments: