What have we been up to this month, you ask? Well, it's been a lovely month, thanks for asking! It got cold, but then we got those nice days that make you realize it could be your last nice day so you say "to hell with laundry!" and you go for a walk in the woods. And really, we've got clean(ish) clothes, so why not? We've recently found Foley Mountain and have taken a liking to their trails - it's a 45-minute drive to get there but has a spectacular view of two lakes surrounding the cutest little town (and the bonus of having a wonderful shoe store just down the road so Mom can take a few minutes to peruse the selection...)
While Foley Mountain is beautiful, my two little goons are not. They're in a phase - one that makes them make funny faces every time the camera is out. I'll show them - I'll put it on the internet. So there.
I love this picture - both boys in it but not looking at me (the only way I can get a picture without their tongues sticking out.) Look how thoughtful Will looks. He's probably just wondering if I have more goldfish in my backpack...
They kind of look like punks, but they're my punks and I love 'em.
See? Nice day! Who doesn't love fall?
And now, the reason my dad is mad at me. Apparently no matter how manly the colour is, painting boys' toenails is NOT acceptable. Except they like it. And so do I. And when was the last time I listened to my dad?
Will just looks devilish in this one. He's so unbelievably cute.
And in this one Tom looks so cute. Green and purple - what colours are more manly than that?
Moving on from toenails, here are our jack-o-lanterns this year. Not too shabby!
And here are the cupcakes I made for Tom's class. 25 kids. I asked Tom if anyone liked the cupcakes and I got the standard "I don't know..." *sigh*
And here they are dressed as spacemen. I don't have a scanner at home so I can't scan in the picture of my brother and I in White River in our spaceman costumes, but we were pretty cute back then. Tom and Will are cuter though, mostly because they're mine and material has gotten WAY cooler in 20 or 30 years...
Their capes fluttered in the wind. They looked awesome. And they even said "thank you" at every house. A mom couldn't be more proud.


No comments:
Post a Comment