Friday, January 16, 2009

Skating and other January events

Will went home with my parents after Christmas, which gave us some time to focus on Tom (which he loved.) He had the flu during that time, so it was nice to have that over with when Will couldn't get it!

We took Tom skating for the first time, down at Market Square. He thought it was great, but he didn't do any work - it's always great when someone else pushes you around the whole time!

We went to Orillia and collected Will and brought him home. Now when Will bugs Tom, Tom says "I want Grandma to come visit." At first I thought this was very sweet, until he followed with "...so she can take Will home with her." They do get along, for the most part, but they have their differences!

Will is very mobile now, but he won't crawl. He's a butt scooter. It's quite funny to watch, and he's usually so happy to be moving that he's all smiles. Except for the step from the back room (where the toys are, and where I want him to stay) to the dining room (where he shouldn't be, and where he wants to be!) This is a picture of Will, stuck at the step. He can get his feet up, but can't figure out how to get his bum over the ledge!

Here's Will, just looking cute sticking his tongue out.

Will is really progressing fast these days! He can pull himself up now, which is a blessing and a curse - this particular table (below) has a habit of falling on top of Will, so we have to watch him closely.


I like that it looks like they're playing together in this picture. I think mostly Will put a toy on the table and Tom took it, which is what usually happens. There was probably yelling; that's the beauty of pictures - they are very quiet!
Will, just taking a break.
Tom, letting me take his picture for a change. I have no idea what he's pointing at.

Will, scooting across the room, probably headed for something Tom is playing with (causing more screaming, I'm sure!)
Tom playing with his new VW. He figured out he could crush goldfish crackers with the hood - this makes a lovely mess.

No comments: